Support the Concord Public Library–Donate Today!
Libraries bring people together. Today, at the Concord Public Library, we believe that role is more important than ever in our rapidly changing society. That’s why we need your financial support.
From our main location downtown, to the Penacook branch and our new site at the Heights Community Center, we build community connections. Longtime patrons, families, students and new Americans share in the power of books, reading and language, the excitement of exploring new technologies and the enjoyment of music and art.
Your donation to the Concord Public Library Foundation helps support and array of library programs:
- The monthly STEAM team program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) encourages elementary and middle school students to explore new ideas and gadgets.
- Concord Reads, as part of a nationwide “One Book, One Community” effort, helps to build community engagement through reading. Now in its 18th year, Concord Reads includes both children’s and adult programs and an evening with the author.
- The New American Africans summer literacy program at the Heights Branch Library, supported by a private grant, helped young refugees retain their spoken and written English vocabulary over the summer through weekly programs, books and games.
- ”Libraries Rock!” was theme for this year’s Summer Reading program.
- “Live Music on the Lawn,” brought hundreds of enthusiastic patrons to Prince Street to enjoy a live band, festive block party atmosphere and local food vendors.
- The new library gallery showcased the New Hampshire-born composer Amy Beach “In Words and Music.”
- A new digital museum pass system was launched to promote visits to museums around the state, including the Squam Lake and the Woodman Museum.
- Books for Babies, established in 2004, provides new parents at Concord Hospital’s Family Place with a picture book to take home with their newborns.
The Concord Public Library’s innovative programming, and continued development of its book collection, has paid off. This year, 1,877 new cardholders were added to the list of library patrons. Your financial support keeps that momentum going.
Please consider making a gift to the Foundation. Help build our community, commemorate a loved one or remember someone who inspired you to read. Make your donation online – just click the yellow donate button at the top of the page, or use the Venmo app! You can even opt to make a monthly recurring gift and spread your payments out throughout the year. Thank you for your support!